Friday, October 9, 2009

Nanny Training Article Made it to NBC

Article about Nanny Training made it to NBC. Click here to see the article.

Call it babysitter boot camp.Nannies are often the first line of defense when it comes to child rearing for working families. But they often lack any professional child-care training.

“My biggest concern was really trusting the person I leave at home with my child all day,” said Holly Shapiro, a working mom who uses Absolute Best Care in Midtown, a nanny-placement agency that starting October 26, will start offering what they call “Nanny school.”

“Up until now, a nanny walks into a house, [they] play it by ear,” said Douglas Kozinn, owner of Absolute Best. “There is no training.”

Click here to see rest of the article.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.nanny-training.com/
nanny.org

Anonymous said...

This will be very good for all the nannies as all will be trained well!! By the way, have you heard of MiNeeds.com? It really simplifies finding affordable nannies. I used it to find them for my children. Essentially, after I described what I needed on this site, I received several competitive bids from local nannies. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to call around and negotiate with each, and that they actually came to me.

New York Nanny & Babysitter Services - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds

Anonymous said...

By the nanny agency Absolute Best Care offering a 50 hour class for $4,000 without any type of accreditation just screams "THEY DON'T GET THE NANNY PROFESSION!"

I'd love to know how many pre-nannies they are find who are going to pay $4,000 for this type of "class".

BTW...there are several nanny schools out there. They too are expensive but at lest they are longer than 50 hours. I believe the English Nanny And Governess School is a 3 month course for approx. $10,000.00.