Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Best Sunscreens

The Good News: EWG's Best Sunscreens

Yesterday we posted a link to the Environmental Working Group (EWG) database which is an in-depth analysis of the safety and effectiveness of more than 700 name-brand sunscreens. The new database lists products that offer the best combination of safety and effectiveness: they are formulated with the safest chemicals, are most effective at protecting against sunburn, and help prevent long-term damage caused by the sun’s UVA rays, which are linked to skin aging, wrinkling and, potentially, cancer.

This is the EWG's List of Best Sunscreens:


Badger

Beyond Coastal

California Baby

Caribbean Solutions

Dessert Essence

Episencial

Estion

Jason Natural Cosmetics


Kabana Skin Care

L’uvalla Certified Organic

La Roche-Posay

Little Forest

Loving Naturals

Miessence

Purple Prairie Botanicals

Soleo Organics


thinkbaby and thinksport

Trukid

UV Natural

Vanicream

5 comments:

Steph 6 said...

Honestly I don't think I have ever seen any of these brands at our stores.

Lisa said...

These can be found in Amazon, I know this is the way people in my neighborhood got a hold of them.

Supposedly some had gone to some sections in the stores were these brands were and they were all gone.

The news must be getting out.

If I had money to invest I think I'd put it in those companies.

Anonymous said...

I've found California Baby at Whole Foods for about $20.
It says it does not have a fragrane- but it does have an oder-one that is not pleasant- IMO.

I've also tried Neutragena (sorry if I spelled that wrong...) and it's really hard to blend in.

I like Baby Aveno the best, pleasant frangrance and blends in nicely.

Maira Lopez Miami said...

Thanks I threw out the old stuff and am bringing this list with my Mom Boss to re-stock today.

Tobago Nanny said...

Having just been diagnosed as having skin cancer on my face and I am of darker color I think we MUST use these products even if they are harder to find. Many sunscreens have toxins but even that is better than not using sunscreen at all. Thanks for this info!