Sunday, February 23, 2014

Black History Month Books for Kids

Children's Books for Preschoolers

February is Black History Month so there is no better time to read books about our individual uniqueness to our charges. When I was a kid I remember reading biographies of the first African American to play in major league baseball for Black History Month. I remember learning about jazz, the civil war, and the freedom train. But, I feel history lessons and biographies of famous black Americans are difficult for preschoolers to understand.

So, below I have listed some great books that teach important concepts to teach during Black History Month, such as celebrating our individual differences, that can be understood by young children as well as school-aged students.

I urge nannies and au pairs to take a few minutes to borrow some of the following books from the library for even their youngest charges during Black History Month.

Visit our new blog address to see the books at bethebestnanny.com

No comments: